I've put up a few scripts I find useful in windows (download at the end of the article):
- addpath.js - Add a path to the registry path.
- dt.cmd - Change to desktop folder.
- e.cmd - Open explorer in current or specified folder.
- regpath.js - Output the path stored in the registry.
- updateenvironment.js - Updates running apps with any changed settings in the registry.
And a couple that use python and pywin32:
- ccwd.py - Copy the current working directory to the clipboard
- cpath.py - Copy the current path to the clipboard
All of have acompanying batch files to run them, I generally have everything in a folder c:\usr\cmd, but they should work from anywhere in the path.